Flowserve Corporation Director, Marketing & Technology in IRVING, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Director, IPO Marketing & Technology (M&T) will oversee and direct all Product Management, R&D, and associated Project Management activities for the Division’s product portfolio and associated accessories worldwide. In so doing they will:
Create platform strategies to drive increased profitability within target markets
Translate strategies into actionable product/service roadmaps with associated investment plans
Build a prioritized and rationalized portfolio of investments to create a balanced approach to payback
Lead, own, and execute all R&D investments associated with product/service roadmaps
Partner with stakeholders to execute and implement the investments to achieve the intended payback
Develop commercial and business models to support growth targets
Refresh platform and product strategies systemically to reflect changing market conditions
The Director, IPO M&T will partner with the appropriate P&L VP/GM(s), Sales, Marketing, Commercial Operations, and other functional leaders to define and implement global strategies to drive increased profitability for the product portfolios within Divisional target markets. The M&T Leader will also be responsible for translating and Commercializing those strategies into actionable investments like New Product Development (R&D), New Technology Development, Sales Tools, New Sales Channels, Sales Training, Customer Marketing (MarComm), Operational Efficiency (CIP), Plant & Equipment upgrades, Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestitures, or other discretionary activities that require resources to execute. In so doing, the M&T Leader will be responsible for leading multiple cross-functional virtual teams through influencing skills that deliver the associated payback.
Global Product Portfolio of $1.0 - $2.0B in revenue across 25 product families
Managing a global team of Product Directors/Managers, R&D Directors, and Senior Project Managers w/total team size of 40 to 75
Total departmental budget of $10-$20M including both Marketing and R&D.
- Define the boundaries of the product portfolio, strategic objectives, vectors of differentiation, and linkages to other product portfolios.This includes:
Defining realistic targets for year-over-year increases in total revenue, gross margin, and market share for the product portfolio over 1, 3, and 5 year horizons
Defining the individual products within the portfolio that are required to satisfy the overall portfolio targets and objectives, including:
i. The features, functionality, selling price, quote lead-times, and distribution channels (in cooperation with the P&L VP/GMs, and others), and
ii. The delivered product cost, manufacturing lead time, and global manufacturing footprint (in cooperation with the P&L VP/GMs, VP of Supply Chain/CIP, and others)
Facilitating the creation of necessary tools and collateral required to promote and sell products, and conduct associate and customer training on those tools and collateral (in cooperation with Corporate Marketing and Sales).
Defining and controlling the global product technical definition in various configurators and ERP systems where the product can be quoted or sold (in cooperation with Sales, Comm Ops, IT, and others)
Leading the creation of all needed product literature and documentation, including web site content.
Leading competitive benchmarking efforts at validating and/or defining that the product’s market positioning is consistent with strategic objectives for the portfolio
- For each product in the portfolio, developing and maintaining a forward-looking product plan that links together the near- and long-term financial targets (including average selling price, volume, and gross margins) of the product with the benefits derived from discrete, tactical projects (including product development, supply chain optimization, manufacturing process improvements, and general marketing campaigns).This also includes:
- Developing and maintaining detailed Project Charters that are clearly bounded in time, scope, and cost, for each project defined within the Product Plan.This shall include:
i. Pricing projects
ii. Promotion and advertising projects
iii. Product or Technology Development projects
iv. Manufacturing improvement projects
v. Sourcing projects
vi. Strategic alliance agreements
Establishing and maintaining the relative priorities and trade-offs between the afore mentioned projects
Assessing the return on investment for each project and reconciling the resource needs for those projects against individual unit or functional budgets
Supporting the execution of these projects on an as-required basis (highest priority projects will be driven and managed directly)
Lead Project Management to develop the budgets for selected projects with selected milestones and key decision points, the establishment of project review meetings to assess progress against plan and ensuing actions
· Set and maintain recommended list price for all products in portfolio, in cooperation w/Sales and Commercial Ops, to ensure that the Division sets and managing the price of the product based on value.
· 10+ years in heavy industry equipment that spans multiple industries (e.g. Oil & Gas, Power, Chemical, or General Industries)
· (4) Year business or engineering degree required (Mechanical, Chemical, Manufacturing or Electrical), MBA and/or Advanced Engineering degree preferred
· Minimum of 10 years Engineering, Product Management, and/or Marketing of industrial products
· Strong influencing skills with demonstrated ability to create, inspire, and lead virtual teams that deliver results
· Proven project management experience with history of successful project completion and payback
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written
· Experience in a multinational company
· 25-50% Travel required
· 15+ years in heavy industry equipment that spans multiple industries (e.g. Oil & Gas, Power, Chemical, or General Industries preferred
Provide - personally and through team – excellent, responsive, and customer-centric support to both internal and external customers. Establish communication and collaboration as the standard for yourself and your team.
Ensure safety through proper review/design and worksite safety through championing FLS policies and procedures
Develop leadership and engineer talent through recruiting, development and programs aimed at engagement and retention.
Manage and achieve budget plans for AOP, individual projects, and FLS Strategy.
Encourage the advancement of innovation and technology through your team and your actions
Through adherence to engineering standards and processes, ensure quality and reliability in all products
Using engineering documentation and tools, ensure and communicate standardization of product design
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Director, Marketing & Technology
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
IRVING, Texas US
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: