Flowserve Corporation On-Site Applications Engineer in Boothwyn, Pennsylvania
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Provide onsite technical support and coverage in support of the customer and Flowserve control valve EFA (Enterprise Frame Agreement). This position will be based on-site at a refinery in Monaca, PA near Pittsburgh, PA.
The primary role will be providing direct onsite technical support for control valves, digital products, and automation products to the customer. This role requires the successful candidate to be technically sound with a focus on customer satisfaction. This role covers the following:
· Provide technical support and assistance for control valves, digital products, and automation products. This position will be a key member of the customers global technical team. The team has technical subject matter experts to support and back up this role.
· Drive cost savings and reduced maintenance spend through use of FLS-Shell EFAs
· Working with the customer to improve efficiency and drive value. This includes, working on debottleneck projects, managing site surveys and pre-shutdown/turnaround activities, upgrade and improvement projects, improve asset performance and reliability, monitor and report status of Key Performance Indicators to the customer and Flowserve management.
· Conducting product presentations to all disciplines at the site.
· Increase product awareness and demonstrate product capabilities
· Size and select control valve and present product solutions to site engineering personnel as required.
· Work with senior management personnel to drive key initiatives and actions – developing RAILS and conduct monthly updates with quarterly alliance review meetings.
· Identify, repair, replacement and upgrade opportunities for Control Valves, Digital Positioners and Automated On/Off Valves.
· Drive quality improvements at the site through direct customer contact. Operate as front-line contact for any reported field issues.
· Drive reliability improvements through bad actor valve tracking and replacements documenting business results in cost savings and MTBF.
· Provide valve diagnostics for start-up support services on new Flowserve Valve installations and ongoing operation support for bad actor valves.
· Work closely with Flowserve’s Quick Response Center (QRC) in Boothwyn, PA to make sure we are supporting the customer site and addressing all issues and opportunities.
· Provide information and input to the customer and Flowserve PMO (Project Management Office) team as requested by team members.
· Work closely with dedicated customer teams designed to execute and deliver the commitments in the EFA and to provide pre-eminent support to drive customer satisfaction.
· Provide technical product and application support to all customer entities and pro-actively conduct technical presentations to introduce, promote or elevate the customer and Flowserve EFA.
· Develop strong business relationships across all major disciplines that will build trust and commitment to the EFA.
· Provide Monthly Activity Report as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or 5+ years of equivalent field/technical experience in lieu of degree
· 5+ years of technical experience in pumps, valves or in process analysis/system fluids is required
· Strong understanding of control valves and digital products from both a technical and commercial standpoint
· Ability and desire to work in end user operating environment
· Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and corporate level.
· Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of the company’s products and services and position them strategically against competitors.
· Excellent verbal and written skills
· Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
· Strong work ethic with the ability to differentiate key activity and actions in terms of criticality. Prioritized and executes accordingly.
· Has the ability to manage projects effectively, work independently and communicate goals and measurements across all disciplines of the organization. Provides useful and constructive feedback.
· Previous experience working in a refinery or end user operating environment would be an asset
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
On-Site Applications Engineer
Primary Posting Location:
Boothwyn, Pennsylvania US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.