Flowserve Corporation Director, Plant Manager in Chesapeake, Virginia
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Mechanical Engineering or Business
Minimum of ten years of management experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in industrial pump or rotating equipment
Previous plant management experience is required
Strong manufacturing cost management experience as part of their respective operational responsibilities and have a solid track record in providing results.
Proven record of safety performance in a manufacturing plant
Extensive product and/or process knowledge of rotating equipment
Working level of market knowledge (chemical, petro chemical, agricultural, oil & gas, general industrial)
Within a manufacturing environment, experience working with supply chain, operations, purchasing, planning, materials management, customer service, inside sales (quoting), outside sales, engineering, product management and field services
Demonstrate skills in managing and developing personnel.
Strong leadership skills, leading people in a functional organization in a matrix environment
Must have demonstrated leadership ability in a manufacturing environment and be able to delegate and mentor effectively in a team environment
Proven track record in continuous improvement process (CIP) and Lean Manufacturing practices.
Strong business acumen and business management capability; has a keen understanding of the respective Flowserve business models and strategies.
The Plant Manager is directly responsible for site leadership and management of all operational aspects of the assigned site(s), from raw material receiving to final products storage and shipping. This involves execution of product quality and Environmental, Health and Safety programs; accountability for meeting forecasted production, efficiency, and manufacturing costs; lean manufacturing deployment; customer satisfaction and On Time Delivery (OTD); and site capital expenditures.
• Drive business philosophies, perspectives, imperatives, and leadership expectations to enable company and culture transformation.
• Understand and execute Annual Operating Plan (AOP) in a manner that results in sales and profitability growth at or above the agreed budget expectations.
• Develop requests for capital and implement in accordance with approved plans.
• Establish and maintain operating routine that drives sustainable results and problem solving, including optimized asset and footprint utilization.
• Create process capability excellence and drive it to enable sales growth and profitability improvement and reduced cycle time and cost of quality.
• Manage resource productivity to result in manufacturing and material cost reductions.
• Meet or exceed OTD standards.
• Ownership of Past Due Backlog to drive solutions.
• Enforce uncompromising Safety and Quality expectations.
• Hold all site employees and visitors accountable to adhere to safety standards at all times.
• Foster and reward a safety first culture where everyone understands and owns their role.
• Implement CIP workshops and tools to drive continuous improvement.
• Understand and achieve customer requirements and Flowserve standards.
• Operate an effective lean and visible plant (6S).
• Drive talent excellence by attracting, motivating, aligning, developing, and retaining the talent required for industry leading plant management.
• Manage relationships with local collective labor groups to support talent strategies and operational excellence
MBA is preferred
Understanding and knowledge of P&L responsibility
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Director, Plant Manager
Primary Posting Location:
Chesapeake, Virginia US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: