Flowserve Corporation Manager, Manufacturing in Chesapeake, Virginia
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Manufacturing Manager will manage overall production and facility operations for the manufacture of industrial pumps and components . The selected manager will be responsible for meeting plant and company objectives for product costs, quantity and delivery. Responsibilities are as follow.
· Direct reports include assembly, paint, test, shipping, maintenance, and ME supervisors.
· Effectively lead and manage personnel as measured by safety, performance, turnover, and employee development
· Provide leadership and direction to the operation ensuring operational goals are met including shipment, operating income and on time performance targets
· Develop and implement process improvements, which continuously improve on-time delivery, reduce operating and product costs and reduce product lead time
· Develop and implement capital spending plans that meet the ongoing needs of the business for facilities, equipment and productivity improvements
· Assure compliance with all ISO procedures
· Manage departmental expenses
· Monitor and report quality performance identifying areas of improvement
· Drive a high performing culture ensuring all employees have SMART objectives and accountabilities identified in their PMP.
· Establish team goals by reviewing job and performance expectations regularly and providing formal/informal feedback continuously
· Conduct business in a professional and ethical manner consistent with the FLS Code of Business Conduct
· Related duties as designated by Director, Plant Manager
· Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
· Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a supervisory/leadership role within a manufacturing environment
· Sound understanding of manufacturing processes and procedures
· Demonstrated knowledge of Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
· Strong Leadership and interpersonal skills
· Ability to drive change, hold employees accountable, and experience in collaborating with internal customers to reach production goals
· Must be able to multitask and work in a production environment that has multiple product changeovers
· Proven experience in coaching and developing teams ensuring departmental goals of safety, quality, production, and costs are met while maintaining an atmosphere of trust and positive morale
· Proven experience and application of safety procedures resulting in a safe working environment for employees
· Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office products
· Excellent organization and prioritization skills
· Previous experience working in a pump manufacturing facility is highly preferred.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Chesapeake, Virginia US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.