Flowserve Corporation Precision Assembler in Cookeville, Tennessee
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
• High school diploma or GED is required
• Ability to work overtime as required
• Able to read, write, and interpret manuals and instructions
• Strong computer skills to include proficiency in Microsoft office applications
• Assemble and test valves to engineering standards while maintaining quality specifications.
• Ability to follow work instructions to include engineering specs, prints, and quality documents.
• Mechanical aptitude and ability to assemble various size components is required.
• Will be required to work with other support departments.
• Perform necessary housekeeping and safety duties as required.
• Ability to lift valves/parts up to 50 pounds as required.
• Lifting, bending, twisting of shoulders and use of arms in an outreaching position is required.
• Daily use of torque tightening equipment and manual dexterity is required.
• Standing and walking throughout the work area is required.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• This position may require material handling tasks.
• Must be willing to move to other areas of the plant as needed.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
(1) PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
Actively participates in the PMP process and develop SMART goals and objectives. Provide comment(s) in the
accountabilities, objectives, competencies and the overall comment section. Comments need to be of good quality
and support the self-assessment rating. Process needs to be completed on time.
Achieve division safety goals by ensuring your work, and the work of others is performed safely, by actively
maintaining a safe work environment and abiding by all safety policies. Timely report all near misses and/or safety
incidences during the calendar year. Wear PPE at all times, including the appropriate gloves. Actively participate
and complete all Pure Safety Training as scheduled. Make legitimate safety recommendations to safety committee (in
writing) when a potential hazard has been observed that could result in injury. Have zero recordable accidents.
Communicate timely to Management on all pertinent issues related to your daily work (i.e., job status, back log,
machine and/or tooling issues.)
(4) CIP & 6S
Embrace and drive a CIP environment in your area of responsibility and throughout the organization. Practice
good housekeeping in and around your work area. This includes preventative maintenance. Supports and
participates in CIP projects when required or initiates projects. Uses STAR (Stop, Think, Act, Review).
(5) TIME MANAGEMENT & ATTENDANCE
Work fair share of overtime to meet schedule and shop dates. Work Saturdays and/or weekends when required.
Maintains overall good attendance (not leaving work area & quitting early in order to minimize no-pay hours, no
extended breaks or lunches, reports to work on time and is at work station ready to start work at scheduled starting
Assembles products and valves. Utilizes hand tools, small power tools and other special equipment to perform
assigned job. Refers to technical drawings and written / oral directions. Re-assembles or reworks as required. Set
up and operate machine tools to make or repair components for utilizing proper material and techniques to
meet drawing requirements and parts specifications.
Oracle or Inventory Management system knowledge is a plus
1 year experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Cookeville, Tennessee US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: