Flowserve Corporation Aftermarket Pump Engineer in Desio, Italy
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Reviews and/or develops high level scope of work for QRC jobs when required.
· Implements engineering best practices and Flowserve standards for required functions. (i.e., weld procedures, bolt torque, materials, etc.)
· Identify upgrades opportunities and support the generation of upgrade quotes, provide justification or support Life Cycle Cost analysis for evaluation, when feasible.
· Acts as engineering liaison when hydraulic, vibration, rotordynamic, metallurgical or finite element analysis is performed.
· Accountable for documenting and communicating design changes initiated by the QRC.
· First technical contact for witnesses; review specifications & requirements for visit.
· Responsible for failure analysis reports of specific jobs, when required.
· Support sales to present FLS technical capabilities to Customers. Provides assistance to sales, tech services, service centers & customers to develop work scope required in solving equipment problems through pump/system/operations modifications & upgrades via technical/commercial proposals.
· Supports the QRC concerning all engineering issues including but not limited to NCR disposition, supporting shop mechanics during assembly.
· Provide sketches to facilitate quick repairs.
· Generates bills of material and manufacturing drawings for engineered products
· Conducts engineering analysis under supervision on areas such as hydraulic design, vibration,
gear design, software and hardware design and FEA structural and dynamic analysis
· Bachelor of Science Engineering degree or equivalent and/or 2-5 years related experience
· Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) methodology understanding
· Design for Manufacture (DFM) methodology
· Computer-Assisted Design/3-Dimensional design
· Engineering documentation, drafting, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
· Effective oral and written communications
· Collaborative interpersonal skills
· Advanced project management tools, methods and applications
. Accountability and execution for completing work timely and to specifications
. English and Italian fluent
Product Engineering involves the design and development of devices, assemblies, or systems to be produced through production manufacturing processes. While there are multiple business card titles, Product Engineering roles usually entail activities dealing with issues of production cost, feasibility, quality, performance, reliability, serviceability and customized user features. Addressing these product characteristics may include design, development and transitioning of the product to manufacturing.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Aftermarket Pump Engineer
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Primary Posting Location:
Auto req ID: