Flowserve Corporation Valve Automation Technician in Houston, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Valve Automation Technician is responsible for building Limitorque pneumatic, hydraulic, and electric actuators; modifying actuators based on customer need; building complete automated valve packages including mounting actuators to valves, installing and calibrating all relevant accessories to valve packages; troubleshooting issues both in the shop and the field; shipping and receiving both physically and in the ERP system; stock received goods accordingly at the Valves Automation Center. This is a dynamic, busy job requiring a responsible, highly mechanically inclined, engaged person who communicates effectively, responds quickly to requests and resolves problems. This position will report to the Production Supervisor at the Flowserve Valve Automation Center located in Northwest Houston, Texas.
• Assemble and test pneumatic, hydraulic and direct gas scotch yoke actuators to order.
• Assemble and test electric actuators to order.
• Perform actuator modifications such seal change outs, spring changes, addition of manual overrides
• Mount various types of actuators to valves
• Install and calibrate various accessories to automated valve packages such as valve positioners, limit switches, solenoids, speed controls, volume boosters and quick exhaust valves
• Bend tubing and install tube fittings efficiently and accurately
• Build and/or modify panels to use with automation accessories
• Perform troubleshooting over the phone with end user customers and distributors
• Field service work including troubleshooting issues, assisting with installation and start-up
• Perform functional testing on automated valves and record data per Flowserve’s internal test procedure (ITP)
• Use precision measurement tools, inspect received parts and materials to ensure that they meet specifications.
• Load and unload trucks using a forklift, and safely move materials within the facility
• Resolve problems with the right level of initiative, collaboration, and perseverance to satisfy requests while following procedures.
• Conduct cycle counts, and investigate and reconcile inventory discrepancies to ensure ongoing inventory accuracy
• Communicate status and issues with the operations, shipping/receiving, and customer service teams to support customer work schedule
• Coordinate with Operations to make sourcing decisions to ensure compliance to customer delivery expectations.
• Responsible for working on Valve Automation Center related projects as requested and with minimal assistance.
• Minimum of a High school diploma
• 2+ years relevant experience in valve automation
• High mechanical and electrical aptitude
• Ability to read and interpret technical data & schematics
• Lifting or pushing up to 50 pounds will be required on a daily basis.
• Knowledge of shipping, receiving, and inventory control
• Computer literate. Experience with ERP systems (Oracle preferred, but not required).
• Strong attention to detail
• Must be able to multitask quickly, without missing steps or dropping tasks, while meeting deadlines with minimal supervision
• Have a motivated, engaged, customer-service focus
• Ability to maintain professional relationships with customers and coworkers.
• Demonstrated ability to complete assigned projects within time constraints and with minimal assistance while either in the shop and at the customer site
• Must be willing to work on occasion, overtime hours including weekends & holidays as required.
• Exhibit behavior that encourages teambuilding, decision-making, problem solving and continuous improvement.
• Communicate clearly and work professionally with colleagues throughout Flowserve, the Valve Automation Center, vendors and customer facilities.
• Experience in positions requiring personal ownership to complete tasks, investigating and resolving problems with minimal supervision
• Flexible, able to change priorities based on demands.
• Communicates clearly for accuracy and understanding, and communicates professionally so as to have a positive impact on the customer and co-workers
Technical degree in instrumentation or the like preferred
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Valve Automation Technician
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Houston, Texas US
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.