Flowserve Corporation QRC Engineer in Hulst, Netherlands
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Requirements & Skills
· Technical degree (Bachelors in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Industrial Engineering), or relevant experience
· Computer-Assisted Design/3-Dimensional design is a preference.
· Engineering documentation, drafting, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
· Fluent spoken and written capabilities in English; French languages preferred.
· Collaborative interpersonal skills.
· Advanced project management tools, methods and applications
· Accountability and execution for completing work timely and to specifications
· Machine Design Fundamentals
· Fundamental understanding of pump applications and types, a clear understanding of hydraulic fundamentals and how these relate to pumps and pump systems
· General knowledge of metallurgical requirements & applications. General knowledge of manufacturing processes
· Able to interpret industry standards, technical drawings and manufacturing procedures
· Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) methodology understanding
· Able to work closely with customers (face to face or by telephone); a good verbal and written communicator with a confident and positive manner.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· Reviews complete technical documentation package to validate product performance against customer requirements and suggests modifications where required.
· Selects components and assemblies to ensure compliance with project specifications, including mechanical seals, seal auxiliary systems, drivers and other specified components.
· Prepares project plans in accordance with customer/contract requirements.
· Trains Associate Engineers.
· Prepares and releases technical job documentation.
· Reviews and/or develops high level scope of work for QRC jobs, when required
· Implements engineering best practices and Flowserve standards for required functions. (i.e., weld procedures, bolt torque, materials, etc.)
· Identify upgrades opportunities and support the generation of upgrade quotes, provide justification or support Life Cycle Cost analysis for evaluation, when feasible.
· Drive, inspire and align the team to high performance by setting example in rigorous commitment to the targeted KPIs, setting and communicating individual and departmental goals and objectives aligned with the management of the QRC.
· Acts as engineering liaison when hydraulic, vibration, rotor-dynamic, metallurgical or finite element analysis is performed.
· Accountable for documenting and communicating design changes initiated by the QRC.
· First technical contact for witnesses; review specifications & requirements for visit
· Responsible for failure analysis reports of specific jobs, when required.
Project Engineering prepares schedules, aligns resources, and performs technical activities related to engineering projects. While referred to as Order Engineering in some areas, employees in these roles may also be responsible for managing vendors, and tracking project schedules to ensure projects are completed according to plans. While there are multiple business card titles, Project Engineering roles typically involve organizing team resources to ensure coordination and overall quality control of the work.
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: