Flowserve Corporation Technical Solution Engineer M/F in Linkoping, Sweden
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
We're currently looking for a Technical solution Engineer for our Aftermarket department who will based 60% at client site The person should be based preferably in Danemark but could also be based in Finland, Norway, Sweden or Scandinavia.
The role of the Technical Solutions Engineer is to provide the leadership and direction to Sales & Customer Service order acquisition. team for assessing the customer’s pump or seal problem, and provides the preliminary design for an appropriate technical solution, addressing the customer’s process equipment performance issues. A specific knowledge of the service and solutions programs & solutions, like back pull-out replacement units, and of Flowserve Component Technology capability will be required. He / She will also be in position to propose non-standard aftermarket services like Training & Flowserve Wireless monitoring Equipment.
He / She will proactively support assigned end user sales engineer in selling upgrades, retrofits and solutions. Main objective is to add technical value to any opportunity concerning customer installed base.
Interfacing with End User Sales, Service & Solutions Engineering and Customer service order acquisition department, he / she will have to work-out the basic specification and scoping, and ensure it is aligned with Quick repair centers
Reporting to Regional Services & Solutions Manager, he / she will support the prospect / business development phase of the Upgrade / Services & Solutions growth.
· Spends the major part of his / her time with customers, (60% +) to maintain and build an excellent understanding of the market and customers, additionally identifying other Services and Solutions business opportunities.
· Develop strong customer support through technology focus. Assist sales force through customer presentation promoting Flowserve Technology and application expertise (Technical Forum, Lunch & Learns and Specific Upgrade Solutions).
· Provide sales assistance for engineering consulting services for pump / seal problem identification and solution.
· Analyze pump / system performance through data collection and analysis and introduce Flowserve Technical Assessments and capabilities of in-field vibration and performance testing to support, where data is not available. Perform system and operation analysis to determine impact on system variables on pump reliability and performance.
· Support the QRC’s in the inspection, identification and root cause of pump and pumps system degradation where local engineering is not available to identify opportunities for upgrades and added value solutions. In addition review repair proposals to identify potential upselling opportunities.
· Facilitate the proposal generation working with QRC Engineering and C.S.O.A. an with Services & Solutions Engineering (Central Engineering) and C.S.O.A. (to clarify, the expectation is to facilitate the proposal generation and not to complete the engineering and commercial proposal).
· Build and execute tactical plans which support the growth of the Technical Solutions business in assigned territory fully aligned to the Sub-regional strategy.
· Prepare detailed / professional pump and seal system assessment report.
· Provide assistance in developing work-scope required to solve equipment problems through pump / system / operations modifications and upgrade.
· Ensure the quotation management system Flowforce is updated with all the relevant information concerning the development of the opportunity and forecast estimates.
· Report on a monthly basis the Flowforce backlog of upgrade proposals versus the assigned plan for the specific region.
· Manage all technical queries and be the customer’s trusted expert on pump problem investigations and solutions. Produce detailed analysis and determine impact of system variables on Life Cycle Cost.
· Pro-actively identify new and unsolicited business opportunities for Technical Solutions focusing particular on value based life-cycle-cost justified opportunities.
· Turn business opportunities into profitable bookings through value added scoping and pricing. Collate and provide all site and customer details required to develop high quality technical proposals that add value to the customer and maximize the business opportunity for Flowserve.
Bachelor in Science & Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering degree
At least 3- 5-years experience of in engineering department like design AND/OR field of troubleshooting / Maintenance, preferably in rotating equipement area.
Pro-active and opportunity driven personality which needs very limited managerial direction and sets and drives his own priorities and activities aligned to the Sub Regional business strategy and objective.
Strong analytical abilities, analysis techniques and tools. An ability to read, create and modify engineering design documents.
Must have motivational skills and a high sense of urgency to recognize equipment / process opportunities. Prepare and defend the solution in front of customer.
Demonstrate a high level of business acumen and understanding including opportunity evaluation, technical selling capabilities, priority setting, sales processes and commercial aspects.
Interpersonal skills are critical for optimum communication with customers and internally working as a team.
Strong confidence with both customers and Flowserve associates at all working levels.
Ability to produce professional engineering reports and technical proposals which are factual, accurate and concise. Conclusions and recommendations must be feasible, economical and based on sound engineering practices and in keeping with Company policies / objectives.
Root Cause Analysis knowledge if possible on pump and seal systems.
Proficient language skills in English and local languages and good awareness / personal flexibility to work in local business culture.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Technical Solution Engineer M/F
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.