Flowserve Corporation Senior QA Engineer in Pasadena, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
- Primary Objective of Position This position has overall responsibility for the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Site Quality Programs, conforming to the policies of Aftermarket and Repair Services. The QA Senior Engineer continuously improves the effectiveness of the processes through the execution of the Quality Management System (QMS) aimed at meeting ISO 9001:2015 and customer expectations. Identify and report to management strategic initiatives aimed at reducing process variance, risk, and the Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ). Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate (e.g. DMAIC, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing) to raise the performance of the company’s product lines. Educate and train employees as to the impact in the quality management system. In addition, will review and advise on documentation related to the repair, inspection and testing phases of our products.
Major Areas of Accountability
Develop, implement, manage and integrate a quality system
Serve as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement
Assess customer requirements and ensure that these are met
Establish and implement metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions
Perform root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements
Oversee calibration and testing programs
Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses
Management of documentation processes
Customer interaction related to product quality.
Review and ensure conformance to customer technical specifications, customer order requirements, code requirements and internal procedure and technical requirements
Supports audits of Flowserve CSC Program in North America
Management of non-conformance, corrective action and preventive action processes
Participate in internal and external quality audits
Responsibility and maintenance for the quality assurance programs and registrations; ISO 9001-2015
· Update, control distribution and facilitate training on quality site procedures and Quality Assurance Manuals
· Manage training records and personnel qualification records
· Complete and/or facilitate supplier evaluations and audits
· Interface with product engineers, representatives, suppliers, 3rd party inspection agency and customers to resolve quality issues and field any questions that arise.
· Co-ordination of annual internal quality program, customer surveillance, third party inspection, and regulatory agency audits.
· Any other related tasks as directed by the Plant Manager
Knowledge of valves and actuators preferred
Ability to influence management at remote locations in regions setting
Proven track record of business performance improvement
Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation
Attention to detail and accuracy
Knowledge of welding processes
Advance skills with the use of Excel, Access, Power point and Microsoft Project
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Problem solving capabilities
Educational and / Or Training Qualifications, Certificates and Licenses
BS/BA in Engineering or Business Administration.
5+ years’ experience in QA systems implementation and management with 5 years as a CQE/CQM in a medium-size manufacturing environment, preferable in the valve manufacturing/repair industry.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Senior QA Engineer
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Pasadena, Texas US
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.