Flowserve Corporation Corporate Inquiries Manager - Asia Pacific in Shanghai, China
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This position, reporting to the Director of Corporate Inquiries, requires a dynamic, self-motivated individual who will be a critical member of the team that conducts global investigations and high-risk assessments, manages Flowserve’s Ethics Hotline, and ensures that concerns raised by employees, suppliers, and other third parties are promptly and thoroughly addressed. This individual will be located at a Flowserve facility in China.
The Corporate Inquiries Manager, Asia Pacific will be responsible for handling internal investigations in Asia Pacific and worldwide related to potential legal or regulatory violations, fraud, accounting and control issues, and/or violations of Flowserve’s Code of Business Conduct. The Corporate Inquiries Manager will also actively support Flowserve’s global compliance program by performing in-person and remote anti-bribery and anti-fraud assessments, analyzing and advising on emerging risks, and working to improve policies, procedures, and internal controls.
Specific duties include:
· Conducting internal investigations in Asia Pacific and worldwide by identifying issues, interviewing witnesses, collecting and reviewing relevant data, and drafting investigation reports summarizing factual findings and recommending remedial action as appropriate
· Conducting anti-bribery and anti-fraud assessments as an active member of a cross functional group to plan and execute regular course global anti-bribery and anti-fraud assessments
· Working cross functionally to triage, assign, track, and address concerns raised via the hotline and internally
· Performing statistical analysis of hotline and other ethics data to identify trends and areas of compliance risk and preparing periodic reports for management
· Managing various reporting and tracking systems using SharePoint, Excel, and EthicsPoint
· Preparing and delivering trainings and presentations related to fraud, internal controls, Company policies and procedures, and the Company’s Code of Business Conduct.
· Minimum 5 years of professional business experience or equivalent, including at least 3 years of experience conducting financial fraud and ethics investigations or conducting internal or external financial audits
· Extensive finance and accounting knowledge, including detailed understanding of financial audits to detect system weaknesses and potential failures of internal controls.
· Knowledge of fraud, digital and investigative forensics, and similar detection techniques and concepts along with working knowledge of anti-bribery laws
· Skilled in collecting, analyzing and evaluating complex data, and information, and drawing logical conclusions
· Excellent English, both oral and written, along with fluency in Mandarin
· Possess strong and effective verbal and written communication skills, including active listening skills and skills in presenting findings and recommendations.
· Ability to establish and maintain appropriate working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment
· Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks, re-prioritize issues, and work independently
· Ability and willingness to travel (25%) throughout the area of responsibility and globally to conduct assessments
Preferred Skills and abilities
· Certification (or significant progress towards) as a CFE or CPA
· Advanced skills using Excel, EthicsPoint, SharePoint, TeamMate, databases, data analysis tools, such as ACL or Idea and/or similar business software systems
· Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Corporate Inquiries Manager - Asia Pacific
Job Posting Category:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.