Flowserve Corporation Regional Applications Engineer in Tarragona, Spain
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Establish and maintain close working relationships with Sales, Operations, and other functional stakeholders to promote the best interests of the company.
· Timely preparation of high quality and proposals within limitations dictated by the customer or manager using designated workload management tools and processes.
· Demonstrate a firm knowledge of Mechanical seals and Seal Systems fundamentals and clear understanding of all Flowserve seal types. Also, demonstrate a fundamental understanding of different rotating equipment applications and types, pump affinity laws and how these relate to pumps and systems.
· Examine & Inspect failed products, providing written and oral explanations to customer. Failure Analysis Reports.
· Participate and assist in start-ups and troubleshooting field related jobs of rotating equipment for seal upgrades, retrofits or bad actors.
· Supervise other colleagues with less experience when required.
· Review all customer inquiry related documents while addressing all relevant technical and commercial requirements to customer and/or sales force.
· Manage and monitor the proposal throughout the entire bid cycle including updating and maintaining designated workload management tool, while monitoring hit-rate is optimized.
· Lead all coordination efforts on applicable aftermarket quotes/orders while ensuring close collaboration and communication with all applicable stakeholders (different Flowserve departments included) to support order process and assure on-time delivery.
· Utilize designated tools and established processes and procedures.
· Reviews contractual documentation and ensures requirements are understood and reflect what has been negotiated. Identifies Stakeholders and analyzes their expectations. Ensures timely booking and acknowledgement of Customer’s orders according to Flowserve’s policies and procedures.
· Identifies and manages risks as well as handles contingency plans during all project phases. Ensures any change to the contract is documented, approved and addressed in the appropriate manner.
· Organize and Delivery training to stakeholders (customers and sales force).
· Continuous Improvement Projects (CIP). Support the CIP Certified Associates on developing their projects. If Applicable, develop the yearly Lean Practitioner, Green Belt or Black Belt Project.
· BSME degree or equivalent, and/or 2-5 years relevant industry experience.
· Co-op or Intern experience as an Applications Engineer with an industrial equipment manufacturer is a plus.
· Experience in a working style which is team oriented and values communication, participation and involvement of others.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
· Attention to detail and process oriented mindset with mechanical aptitude.
· Demonstrate a firm knowledge of Mechanical seals and Seal Systems fundamentals and understanding of Flowserve seal types will be valuable. Also, demonstrate a fundamental understanding of different rotating equipment applications and types, pump affinity laws and how these relate to pumps and systems.
· Develop a clear understanding of life cycle cost principles and the ability to create value added proposals that differentiate Flowserve product offerings against traditional first cost approach.
· Have a high standard of written and spoken English as well as strong PC skills and experience with Microsoft Office tools.
· Travel required 25%. Around 1 week per month visiting each country/area.
The candidate may work from QRC Tarragona, but will hold a regional role with responsibilities outlined below.
· Spain & Portugal
· South Europe & Balkans
Alternatively, candidate may work from the other seal QRC in the region: QRC Augusta (Italy), QRC Martigues.
The Seal QRC Applications Engineer for AMSS is responsible for support of our end-user sales team as related to our Aftermarket offerings. This role involves all customer facing activities related to the order acquisition & Fulfillment process including proposal development, specification and scope review, pricing analysis, and coordination with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Furthermore, it also involves repair, troubleshooting and hands on activities required in a Seal QRC, such us seal inspections, field troubleshooting and making the seal failure analysis report accordingly. In addition to customer facing activities, the position requires a strong commitment to internal improvement of the team, including: development projects, effective communication and collaboration with all group interfaces, and a commitment to expanding team capabilities, as well as technical expertise and breadth of knowledge related to Flowserve's aftermarket offerings. They may also lead/mentor other A/E, and/or provide guidance on daily practices within their designated area of responsibility.
This position reports to Manager of Commercial Operations for EMA AM.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Regional Applications Engineer
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: