Flowserve Corporation Supervisor, Quality Assurance in Temecula, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
We are currently seeking a Supervisor in our Temecula, CA location, a manufacturing facility with a highly engaged workforce producing welded metal bellows for a number of industries. In this challenging position, the Supervisor will oversee both the Quality and Distribution areas, ensuring the achievement of safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives by fostering a learning environment founded in accountability and continuous improvement.
· Responsible for the Temecula Quality Management System. Identify and implement methods to simplify the quality management system to meet ISO 9001:2000 / AS9100 Standards and increase its effectiveness and value to the organization.
· Responsibilities include, as Management Representative, to be prepared to stop production and shipment actives to prevent delivery of non-conforming product as required.
· Develop and maintain process to ensure that products, processes, and services meet the required quality levels and to assure all customer requirements are understood, flowed down and are being complied with.
· Key member of the Aerospace Team responsible for developing and maintaining Detailed Inspection Plans for all aerospace components and top level assemblies. Review, report, and follow-up on Aerospace Configuration Changes. Responsible for source inspections and FAIRs including scheduling, preparing, and presenting documentation and parts
· Responsible for internal and external quality management system audits, including scheduling, reviewing and approving reports.
· Quality representative for MRB to disposition nonconforming product.
· Provide oversight to calibration activities and ensure site program compliance
· Responsible for analysis, reporting, and reduction of scrap and rework. Collaborate with external and internal suppliers to improve quality and services.
· Responsible for the site corrective action program. recommendations, initiation, reporting and follow up.
· Creating Certificates of Conformance and other certification packets in addition to providing CMTRs
· Ensure the employee training database is current and effective for all facility employees.
· Responsible for bi-annual Management Quality Reviews including collecting and presenting data, and recording and distributing meeting minutes
· Oversee the Distribution department (Shipping & Receiving) to ensure the efficient on-time flow of materials from Receiving, through Manufacturing to Shipping, and finally to our customers.
· Manage the Distribution department so that inventory control tasks are completed accurately and promptly, including the stockroom tasks and the paper and online shipping & receiving records, and that import/export regulations are complied with.
· Supervises approximately seven employees in the Quality and the Distribution (Shipping & Receiving) departments
· Coaches employees to improve performance and build skills. Supervises employees’ performance and takes actions as appropriate. Completes mid and yearly performance appraisals for employees in a timely, fair, and consistent manner.
· Promotes continuous improvement by identifying problems, analyzing data, considering different approaches, and implementing changes. Embraces lean principles and processes to achieve higher processing throughput with decreased transactional error rates.
· Responsible for timekeeping and attendance tracking. Ensuring work rules and attendance/tardiness policies are consistently and fairly applied and enforced.
· Actively lives and breathes Flowserve’s commitment to safety, participating in safety walks, safety training and toolbox talks, and providing safety observations to continuously improve the safety of the facility and its employees.
· Conducts interviews and hires direct reports as necessary
· Demonstrated success in both process and interpersonal leadership
· Education highly valued, such as BS/BA degree in Manufacturing/Industrial/Mechanical Engineering
· Familiar with GD&T concepts; Skilled in the use of measuring equipment, such as gauges, calipers, micrometers.
· Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with the ability to read and explain blueprints
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work with all levels of employees, managers, and customers
· Must have a collaborative style that encourages the free flow of communication, removes obstacles, and promotes problem solving and teamwork.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word. Computer savvy to learn new systems and employ new technology. Ability to develop and analyze reports and charts in order to identify trends and create corrective actions.
· Skilled in technical writing with emphasis on procedures and work instructions
· Lean or 6 Sigma Certification desirable
· Possess excellent time management and prioritization skills to manage multiple projects and responsibilities; Must be able to work with minimal supervision
· Internal Auditing experience a plus
· Must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Supervisor, Quality Assurance
Primary Posting Location:
Temecula, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.