Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer for Aftermarket Pumps in Vernon, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is seeking a motivated engineer to support our aftermarket business in the western US and Canada. As an Aftermarket Application Engineer, the chosen candidate will be responsible for supporting our end-user sales team with technical and commercial proposals for a variety of products. Our customers include but are not limited to Power Generation, Oil & Gas, Water Resources companies—both private and government owned. This role involves all customer facing activities related to the order acquisition process including proposal development, specification and scope review, pricing analysis, and coordination with both internal and external stakeholders. In addition, our team is dedicated to improving the organization’s capabilities. Application Engineers are in a unique position to achieve this by championing CIP initiatives, conducting training, and developing new approaches to secure business. Some overnight travel may be required.
· Lead development of our aftermarket quotes by coordinating with engineering, sales, procurement, operations, and vendors
· Prepare proposals in a fast-paced environment, owning pricing components and technical review
· Manage multiple concurrent proposals throughout the entire bid cycle, from opportunity inception through fulfillment kickoff
· Support off-site customer project presentations and kickoff meetings
· Follow all current procedures and policies related to the order acquisition process and provide feedback on the process
· Perform technical reviews of all customer inquiry related documents while addressing all relevant commercial constraints for the project
· Coordinate and manage sub-supplier requests, replacement parts and components, and quotations as related to pump repair requests, including effectively negotiating terms and pricing
· Develop in-depth industry and market specific knowledge through internal and external training
Engineering degree (Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial Engineering is preferred) or equivalent.
Experience with rotating equipment is highly preferred.
Problem solving mindset with mechanical aptitude is required.
Excellent customer service skills.
Work experience in a customer-facing role or in sales is highly desired
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Strong leadership and organizational skills.
Prior experience working in a team setting that values communication, participation, and inclusion of others is preferred.
Strong PC skills and experience with Microsoft Office tools.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Applications Engineer for Aftermarket Pumps
Primary Posting Location:
Vernon, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: