Flowserve Corporation Engineer Specialist for Aftermarket Vertical Pumps in Vernon, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is seeking a mechanical engineer to work at our pump manufacturing center in Vernon, CA. In this technically challenging job, the Engineering Specialist for Aftermarket Vertical Pumps will conduct advanced engineering analyses that impact design, manufacture, and application of complicated repair work and upgrades. Design Engineers, Sales Engineers, and Manufacturing will count on the Engineer’s knowledge and analytical expertise.
· Apply technical and scientific knowledge to analyze product performance issues, and recommend corrective actions and upgrades to our customers.
· Participate in design review panels and root cause analyses.
· Support customer proposals by identifying Flowserve’s competitive technical differentiators, and defining our value proposition for selected upgrade programs and solutions.
· Prepare estimates for engineering hours and lead times for customer proposals.
· Using project management best practices, establish project plans, then manage hours and schedules to deliver quality solutions to the customer on time to spec.
· Participate on teams for new upgrade product development projects.
· Support Manufacturing in the execution of orders requiring special product or industry knowledge.
· Provide coordinated responses to high-level technical questions from customers and other Flowserve organizations by collaborating with technical resources across the Company,
· Share expertise of market pricing and competitive trends regarding products, repair, services, upgrades, and improvements. Develop expertise through relationships with Sales Engineers and key customer contacts.
· As a specialist, collaborate with Flowserve’s Educational Services Group, and design, document, and deliver technical training to a variety of audiences, including customers, Flowserve repair centers, sales engineers, and field service techs.
· Mentor new engineers.
· B.S. Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering, with M.S. degree highly preferred
· 5+ years of relevant experience, resulting in a good understanding of vertical pumps and their markets. 10+ years of relevant experience highly preferred
· A strong knowledge-base of the design, materials, application, and operation of pumps, pump systems, motors, and variable frequency drives
· Strong experience and an affinity for developing mechanical engineering models, and conducting complicated engineering analyses, including RCAs and FMEAs
· Computer skills in Auto CAD Inventor, Visual Basic, and Microsoft Office programs
· Able to produce well-written, comprehensive visit/survey reports and technical improvement proposals, following sound engineering practices and addressing economic feasibility for the customer
· Possess financial acumen so as to discuss financial principles, such as life-cycle cost and return on investment, in relation to technical decisions
· Demonstrate effective communication skills to present a position, listen to opposing ideas, and problem solve with a group. Able to translate technical discussions to all levels of Flowserve and the customers’ organizations
· Skilled at creating and presenting technical briefings, and managing Q&A as a seasoned professional
· Demonstrated track record of project management: identifying work scope and responsibilities, establishing schedules and meeting intermediate deadlines, managing resources, presenting final reports, and taking actions as required
· Experience in working to established processes and developing new processes as required
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Engineer Specialist for Aftermarket Vertical Pumps
Primary Posting Location:
Vernon, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: